Real Life Remodeling

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Welcome to Real Life Remodeling

Welcome to the Real Life Remodeling Blog.  I want to provide you a brief description of who I am and why I started the Real Life Remodeling Blog.
 First of all a little something about me.  My name is Marc Wells and I have 22 highly productive years of remodeling and restoration construction experience ranging from residential remodeling to large industrial renovations.   I have worked abroad on large residential projects and I have worked my way up from a general laborer to my current position as a Construction Project Manager for Masterpiece Renovations in Tulsa, OK. 
 I began to consider starting a blog about my daily activities a few months ago when a client of ours asked me a lot of questions about my past experiences with other high end remodeling projects.  He, the client, seemed very interested in the other experiences I've had and took every opportunity available to prod information out of me.  His persistence made me start thinking about doing something to showcase my everyday activities in the remodeling world, but I always felt that I would sound like some of the, not-so-real-life, home remodeling shows on T.V. today.  That's not me, I'm not made for T.V. and what we do is "Real Life".  We don't have a bottomless amount of available funds, we don't have "all the time in the world, and we sure don't have re-takes. 
  I think that is why my client was so interested in what a "Real Life" perspective of the remodeling industry looks like.  Sure you see some mistakes on T.V., but what you don't see or hear about is all the other issues that surface from time to time during the coarse of a major, or minor, home remodel.  I finally decided the other day that a blog would be a great place to start telling my stories.  Not just any blog would do either.  I needed to tell the real story, showcasing the good with the bad, the happy with the sad.  A blog that would provide you the reader a "Real Life" look into the what it takes to complete totally transforming remodels.  A blog that not only shows the construction process from demolition to completion, but all the drama, problems, accomplishments, fighting, planning, arguments and agreements along the way.
 Real Life Remodeling doesn't happen in 30 minutes, and as this blog will show, it takes the dedication and talents of a lot of great craftsmen, vendors and designers to complete them.  I hope you enjoy following the Real Life Remodeling Blog and I encourage you to share this blog with others so they can also enjoy this journey as You and I dive head first into the world of Real Life Remodeling

2 comments:

  1. Great idea marc! I will be awaiting ur next blog... can't wait to see some of the "Real Life" drama, problems, accomplishments, fighting, planning, arguments and agreements along the way. this is going to be fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean. I really appreciate your support.

      Delete